Monday, September 20, 2010

On the road again

This weekend I went to a basketball tournament with my oldest son.  I'm digging the quirky way that he views life...focused...different.

I have so much studying to do for this PhD class but instead I'm watching my child play ball.
(Mini vent) I can't stand this new coach.  I don't particularly care for this new team.  It's interesting how 1 person affected the lives of so many different people. 

When my son's former basketball coach's child got involved in a murder case, the team was disbanded.  Suddenly some very good players found themselves without a home.  The former team was diverse and a good mix of talent and personalities.  I really appreciate that the assistant coach reached out to me so that my son could join this new team, but this new team is not home.  When you see this team you think of "Duke" now picture Duke and my son.  Blah.  I also don't like the position that the coach has my son play.  I don't like him and I don't like that team, but I do appreciate the exposure that my child is receiving.

My husband and I made a mini date out of it on Saturday, we ate buffalo wings and drank rum while we waited an hour for the next game to start.  We gave my oldest money to go eat with his team mates.  We had a lot of laughs.  I'm glad that we can still have fun and laugh together after what will be 18 years of marriage next month.

I'm tired...I need to work out at the gym.  I will hae to pace myself today.

No comments:

Post a Comment